2002 Dodge Grand Caravan -- Yellow engine light would not go

On this forum, some body told me how to find the fault codes. I switched off and on the ignition key and found following codes: P 168.4
P O44.2 P O45.5 P O45.6
Is there something I can do about it? Dealer wants to charge me $80 just to tell what is wrong with it.

"naeem_akhtar" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
leaking fuel vapors into the atmosphere is the quote. hmmm a emissions system failure and the dealer wants you to pay for check out time on something thats is emissions related and ins't there a 8/80 emissions warranty on that van
maxpower wrote:

Not true again. Now let me ask you this question Dirty. If you acually believe that.......when a customers car comes in to the shop you work at (that is if you work in a shop) and it fails for a evap code such as in question and it has 50K on the odometer......do you tell the customer to take it to the dealer and have them fix it?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Answer the question, Glenn. The OP took it to a dealer. You told him to take it to a dealer. He's not taking it to Dirty's shop, he's taking it to the dealer. Isn't the a federally mandated emissions warranty on all cars? Isn't this an emissions failure?
Ted

Absolutely not a covered component!!! All you need to do is read the book that came with any new car and it will list all federal emissions components. Plugs and wires are not 8/80..if you have a bad plug or wire it isn't covered. Its just one of those things that Dirty does... My question to Dirty was if he thinks it should be warranted does he send his customers to the dealer????? If the vehicle was out of warranty 3/36 and had a MAX care service contract it would cover it. If it had an added care service contract it would not cover it.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
you know as well as i do your boss and my old boss does get plugs covered under warranty all the time
maxpower wrote:

I don't think my first reply went thru. First of all I didn't tell the OP to take it to the dealer Ted. I said IF!!!!
If you take it to the dealer to have them check it out more then likely they will perform a smoke test on the system to locate any and all leaks and it will be more then $80. But this machine will find the leaks. And the other fault code is a battery disconnect fault.
Absolutely not a covered component!!! All you need to do is read the book that came with any new car and it will list all federal emissions components. Plugs and wires are not 8/80..if you have a bad plug or wire it isn't covered. Its just one of those things that Dirty does... My question to Dirty was if he thinks it should be warranted does he send his customers to the dealer????? If the vehicle was out of warranty 3/36 and had a MAX care service contract it would cover it. If it had an added care service contract it would not cover it.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
it most certainly is but the dealer will try to make a customer pay for it it's like saying you have to do all your maintence here or your factory warranty is not covered
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

if it is indeed covered under a warranty i will tell the customer it might be and he/ she comes bac because i saved them some money and they always do and i do brakes and all the maintenance u the dealer charges way to much for and it does happen on a regular basis
damnnickname wrote:

might
do
much
I have nothing else to say to you Dirty, your an idiot
admit it asshole you know i'm right
maxpower wrote:

Sorry but I have to reply to this.YOU SAY. "if it is indeed covered under a warranty I will tell the customer it might be" (IT MIGHT BE?)
So instead of getting the proper answer for your self, you tell your customers to take it to the dealer it may be covered!! And then what Dirty? They go there and find out it isnt.....do they now bring the car back to you because it isnt a covered part???? How many times do you have these customers run back and fourth before you get the hint that it isnt covered???
Man I'm sorry I had to get a good laugh on that.
it's a emission system failure it's covered i have found out there is some very nasty dealers out there and they will say it is not covered when it is just so they can make more money just like you saying the maintenance must be done at the dealer or we will not honor your warranty and i know you have seen that or have been part of that at one time or another
damnnickname wrote:

say
Another one of your lies. I have never said you must take it to the dealer.
Little boy, all you have to do is call the toll free number in the back of the owners manual to answer most of your questions.
You still havent answered my question

under
have
and why do you use 2 nics????
damnnickname wrote:

under
have
Ahhhh. Don't answer a question with a question Dirty