2002 Jeep Liberty

I have read several messages reguarding the gas mileage of the Liberty. I have 110,000 on my Liberty and am still getting between 14 and 16 miles per gallon. Never did get better gas mileage. I use fully synthetic oil and that still did not help. I have had a problem with this vehicle since about one month after I purchased it. The transmission would, at will, down shift into second gear. Try travelling 70 miles per hour and have that happen. It feels like someone is slamming on the breaks. It took the dealership 8 months to find the problem. Since this was fixed, or so they say, the vehicle hick-ups when moving. It also slams into first gear seconds after you come to a stop. I was told that unless the problem throws up a default code, they have no way of diagnosing the problem. :shakehead So I have had to put up with this. Also I had to have the brakes done shortly after I had 12,000 miles on the vehicle. I was told at the dealership they are a normally replacable item and they were not covered under warrenty. I had to pay over $400.00 for that repair. Now the vehicle is paid off and every week I have a different problem. Last week it would not shift up from second gear when excellerating from a stop. And this week it will not run. You can start the vehicle, but as soon as it starts warming up, the engine shuts off and you cannot re-start the vehicle. I tell you, with all the problems I have had with this vehicle and all the run around I have had to put up with from Chrysler dealerships, I will never purchase another Chrysler product. As soon as I get this new problem repaired, I am trading in this vehicle and good riddence to Chrysler. :banghead:

Reply to
LCJ

As the owner of several Chrysler vehicles over the last 25 years, I can assure you I've had very good success with their vehicles, particularly since '86.

All I can suggest is to not buy a new mechanical design in the first two model years. Was 2002 the first year or second of your Liberty?

Reply to
who