2003 Gr. Caravan squeeling and steering wheel vibration

Have an 03 Gr.Caravan with a 3.3. 50,000 km's. In the last week during starting there is a sort of squeel coming from the engine while, and the steering wheel slightly vibrates until the engine is warmed up. About 5 minutes. Could this be caused by the belt being worn out? I noticed that the idler has a small build up of rubber on it. Or is this a possible problem with the P.S. pump?

Oh, I have to change the speedo to MPH, Can i just swap in a new speedo, and does the Computer have to be flashed to change the readings to Miles. Or is the mileage burned into the odometer on this model? Thanks

Reply to
David Beat

More then likely the tensioner is bad and now the belt is worn from slipping on the tensioner. replace both belt and tensioner

Lost me on this question?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Well you see i'm from Canada and living in the US. I want to change the speedo to MPH, as it is currently in Kilometers per hour. I wanted to know if the Odometer burns in the mileage, or if it is stored in the ECU like other models. I can get a used Speedo unit for my GR. Caravan for $30.00. And would rather do that if it can be swapped in! That is why i needed to know if that can be done. And I thought if the ECu kept the mileage then if the ECu could be changed with the drb to read MPH, instead of KPH. You see I have 52,000 Kilometers on my odometer which is roughly 32,240 Miles! So how is the conversion done. Is is done with the DRB thru the ECU, or is it burned into the Speedo Cluster.

Reply to
David Beat

The odometer reading is stored in the BCM and if the BCM ever needed to be replaced you would have to order it thru Chrysler. They will send out a New BCM with the mileage already burned into the chip. If Im not mistaken I do believe you have the option to change the Odometer reading from kilometers to standard, Have you looked into your owners manual?