2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

Steve,your right,its mechanical device.ok? What I'm bitching about is,at 44k where the f&^*k is the factory quality control?How do you deliver a vehicle to a dealer to sell in this condition? Your gonna tell me the dealer was unaware of this problem? Right! A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

thanks for the lemon law lesson Sarge,but,I already read up on it.Appreciate it.. A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new" was "new"....A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Thankyou Sarge,,exactly my point!!! A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Mistakes????Mercedes tranny? This world is FULL of fools like you Dawg...A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Good for you Pete...As I mentioned I don't blame the dealer as much as I do Chrysler. The dealer is being more than hospitable in this situation.He didn't have any available loaners at hte time and that was the reason for the rental.I have since been moved to a better loaner...A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Tim,,since these mechanics are "supposed" to be Chrysler professionals I would asssume that they should know that..at least I hope so,,thanks anyway.. A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Same reason the space shuttle keeps blowing up TROLL! Vehicles are mechanical pieces bolted together. If and when something decides to break is not under anyones control. Let's see, the space shuttle is going on 30 years old, and yet that piece of shit is breaking down even when a brand new piece is bolted to it! And I am sure they have the highest quality control! DUH! TROLL! And then you bang your head on the desk in front of you to get some brain function or blood flow up there!

Reply to
David

New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs taken care of.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Pardon me Matt but Angelo has a major defect, it's not a loose piece of plastic or some other small defect, his transmission isn't working properly. A new car should be delivered in working order, if it isn't the dealer should take it back and swap it for a new vehicle. If you bought an HDTV or a computer and it was defective in anyway the dealer would swap it for a working one with no hassle at all.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

The dealer should fix it, yes, but that doesn't mean they need to swap it for an entirely new car. The dealer only swaps something like a computer because it is cheaper for them to swap the entire machine than to fix it. A car isn't a $500 computer. If the dealer is not able to fix his car, then, yes, I agree that they should replace it. However, it sounds like the dealer and Chrysler reps haven't even had a good chance yet at fixing it. The OP is crying lemon when the process of fixing the car sounds like it has only begun.

Sure, in an ideal world all cars would be perfect from the factory and never need anything done to them for 500,000 miles. However, we don't live in an ideal world. Even the acclaimed Toyota is having its fair share of misery these days. I just saw another recall in CR for ball joints on several SUV and truck models.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

We had a brand new 300c come off the truck and the was PDI (pre delivery inspection ) done at the shop by one of the technicans, everything passed no problems.....Vehicle was delivered cust had towed back into shop the next day with a blown transmission. Fluid everywhere. He was pissed as you are now, and I would expect that as I expect you to be pissed also. What we found when the transmissin was removed was an extra bolt (from Assembly) must have dropped from a machine or person on the assembly line and had lodged somewhere in the bellhousing untill it came loose, These things do happen. Shoot look at the space shuttle, you would think there should never be a problem with that machine but it happens.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Good point Tim, I saw that about a month ago

Reply to
maxpower

I accept mechanical problems, even major ones at times. After all, machines do break down. It is disconcerting to have a major problem like the OP has after spending so much money. I bought a new Neon in the first model year from Secuirty Dodge in Amityville, NY. Among many problems, I had three that caused me to visit the service department ten times. Two of the problems were noted in TSBs (which I knew about) but the dealer's service department refused to listen to me. They even attempted to charge me for blown fog lights after only 8K miles. I pointed out that I had a 3 year 36K "bumper-to-bumper" warranty as the warranty manual called it. They told me there was no such thing as a bumper-to-bumper warranty despite the warranty manual stating such. Talk about idiots! Never got good service from them and my attempt at arbitration was a miserable experience. The piant on the car was wearing off and chipping easily but I was out of luck, as the arbitrator said, because he owned a Neon and wasn't experiencing the problem. Why I bought another Chrysler is beyond me but I am very happy with my 300C. What Chrysler has to learn is that the level of customer service has to brought up a few notches if they expect potential Bimmer, Merc, and Jag owners to buy a 300. Those dealerships tend to go far beyond Chrysler in the customer care area.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Matt,,Since this thread started I have recieved some excellent assistence from some Chrysler techs,who think they have an idea as to the problem.They even offered to assist the dealership in question in locating the problem which they seem to think is a transmission electronic module not manfactured by Chrysler. I'll retract the "Lemon" reference only because I see how Chrysler and its employees are sincerely concerned and are going overboard to help. A.D.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Here's hoping they find and fix the problem quickly and get you back on the road in your own car.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Doesn't matter if its 44k$, 440k$, or $0.44. Things break, they have to be diagnosed, and fixed. Not replaced, fixed. Keep your pants on, quit trolling this newsgroup, let them fix the problem, and for pete's sake LEARN TO ATTRIBUTE YOUR FRACKIN' POSTS CORRECTLY.

Reply to
Steve