2008 Dodge Avenger - Engine problem

Just bought a 08 Dodge Avenger from Carmax a couple months ago. Ran great up until now. The engine quits at stop lights. Did this three or four times now. Starts right back up but this is not right. Anyone have any ideas? Happy New Year!!!

Ken

Reply to
dprkk

We had a similar problem with an 04 Caravan. The poblem would show up only with a very full gas tank. Don't know what the cause might be as we can't aford to fill up these days.

Reply to
NotMe

Got a little more info from my son. It seems this stalling at stop lights happens when there is a full load on the electrical system; hi blower, lights, wipers, etc.

Reply to
dprkk

Got a little more info from my son. It seems this stalling at stop lights happens when there is a full load on the electrical system; hi blower, lights, wipers, etc.

{{

Last time I encounter that (fail at load) the alternator had lost 2/3 of the rectifier bank. An O -scope can tell you definitively but a bench load test of the alternator will give you a pass fail report.

Reply to
NotMe