300c awd

8000 km en de versnellingsbak helemaal kapot. Ben ik de enige (hopelijk)
Reply to
Hancoola

Babel Fish Translation:

8000 km and the acceleration barge entirely. Be I the some (hopelijk)

Yes, I agree that the 300C looks like a barge.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Babelfish does about as well as well as the early English-to-Russian translation machine that rendered "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" into Russian that meant something like "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."

I think the OP meant that the transmission on his 300C crapped out after

8000Km, and he is asking whether he is the only one with that problem -- and hopes that it is not a common problem.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Consumer Reports has a lousy repair record for the Hemi equipped version. The 3.5 is reliable.

Reply to
Art

I rented a Magnum for two weeks. It felt like a tank. The incorrect 2.7L engine didn't help.

Reply to
Spam Hater

I can't imagine a car that size with that little 2.7 L engine in it. I had a Chrysler Sebring 4 door rental that had that engine and it was underpowered.

============

Reply to
CopperTop

Yes the 2.7L was struggling with the big Magnum weight and 4 adults.

But we have that Sebring with that engine and it's a real bomb, very fast and economical, but really needs VVT. There must have been something wrong with your rental.

Reply to
Spam Hater

There is a well-known problem with some of the 2005 300 trannies in that water sometimes leaks past the transmission dipstick into the transmission fluid. I believe that there is a technical service bulletin on that issue.

Maybe that is the reason I don't have a transmission dipstick on my '06

300C???

MikeSp.

Reply to
MikeSp

Yea, I saw the report as well. I don't like the 3.5 in the 300. Too slow with the extra weight of the new 300.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

I thought it was as fast as my 300M with the 3.5 but the hemi is much quieter (and faster).

Reply to
Art

Did you sell your M?

I'm still not sure although, it would be nice to have a larger car and one with back support. This has been my only issue with the M.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

We are giving it to my in-laws. They have a lumina with over 100k on it. The 300M only has 51k on it. I am having a few things done to it then I plan on shipping it to them. And no, the things I am doing to it do not include booby trapping it. LOL

Reply to
Art

That's very nice of you to do. I looked at a Top Banana Daytona last night when looking for a C. I kind of like it but don't think this is the car for me unless I start having a mid life crisis.

Reply to
NJ Vike

Judging by the car show, if you wait a year you will have some more good choices.

Reply to
Art

IMO the Magnum is even worse. Perhaps that is why Business Week of 16Jan "Driving a Hard BARGAIN Finding diamonds in the rough"

gave the Magnum a possible good deal rating. It sits on the dealers lot for 154 days. The Chevy SSR 6.0L beats that at 204 days. No wonder at it's $40k price!

Reply to
Spam Hater