300C order problems

I ordered a 300C on September 20th, 2004, and it still is in BX status (hasn't been made). Not only that but they won't give me any sort of an estimate. The only thing that really ticks me off is that the salesmen told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks. Here I am now on week EIGHTEEN with no news. Can anyone give me a time frame in which they got their 300c?

Thanks

Reply to
stevendchapman

It depends on chrysler, not the dealer. Chrysler can only allocate units to dealers based on sales rate, etc. They can only make so many of the vehicles, there is not an endless supply. The dealership generates allocation by sales volume. And also the local sales rep for chrysler also gives out alloted allocation to a specific dealer for the vehicle to be built. If the dealer was a dipshit and ordered a bunch of 300's marked down as sold, and never delivered them to the customer, he got his nuts slapped for lying to get extra's built for his inventory. You see when Chrysler has a hot vehicle, it builds based on Vip, sold status. So the first ones scheduled to be built will go to those Vip's and sold units before it builds any for a dealers inventory. But alot of dealers like to bull-shit, and put false customer names against the vehicles to get extra's built for there inventory. Therfore a legitimate customer like yourself is waiting for scheduling and are way down on the list. And then the Roach of a dealer up the road is getting 300's in by the truckload. Happens all the time! Now if your dealer did that and got caught, The sales rep probably pulled his allocation, because they don't believe the dealer actually has it sold. Plus If the Region has to move a bunch of slugs, like Neons, Seebrings etc, if the dealer does not order the slow moving vehicles, he also will not get the hot moving ones as well. You should ask your dealer how many actual sold

300's he actually has on order. He can always phone the rep to plead the case, you the customer are pissed off. And if your dealer wasn't playing games then it could be scheduled. wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

It depends on Chrysler, not the dealer. Chrysler can only allocate units to dealers based on sales rate, etc. They can only make so many of the vehicles, there is not an endless supply. The dealership generates allocation by sales volume. And also the local sales rep for Chrysler also gives out alloted allocation to a specific dealer for the vehicle to be built. If the dealer was a dipshit and ordered a bunch of 300's marked down as sold, and never delivered them to the customer, he got his nuts slapped for lying to get extra's built for his inventory. You see when Chrysler has a hot vehicle, it builds based on Vip, sold status. So the first ones scheduled to be built will go to those Vip's and sold units before it builds any for a dealers inventory. But alot of dealers like to bull-shit, and put false customer names against the vehicles to get extra's built for there inventory. Therefore a legitimate customer like yourself is waiting for scheduling and are way down on the list. And then the Roach of a dealer up the road is getting 300's in by the truckload. Happens all the time! Now if your dealer did that and got caught, The sales rep probably pulled his allocation, because they don't believe the dealer actually has it sold. Plus If the Region has to move a bunch of slugs, like Neons, Seebrings etc, if the dealer does not order the slow moving vehicles, he also will not get the hot moving ones as well. You should ask your dealer how many actual sold

300's he actually has on order. He can always phone the rep to plead the case, you the customer are pissed off. And if your dealer wasn't playing games then it could be scheduled. You also have to keep in mind what options you have. When I worked in Distribution with Chrysler, a weekly restriction list went out, showing what cannot be built by options. So the wheel manufacturer might not be able to keep up with chrome wheel supply, etc. and the factory would not be able to build your car. The dealer gets a copy of the restriction list for scheduling but they never look at the thing! And with a hot moving vehicle there could by a few restrictions on it. Tell your dealer to get your built, Or the dealer can search to see if another dealer has one in inventory, and he can trade with him so you get one!
Reply to
David
1) Exactly, can dealer not swap allocation with another dealer?

2) Demand discount for extra delay?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
stevendchapman

Cars can fly now and need FAA certification. Well, I'll be!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I drive by this dealership and they ARE getting 300Cs in, and are selling them on the lot. They can get cars in to sell to people who walk in off the street, but none of these cars that come in are for me. what is going on here?

Reply to
stevendchapman

Back when I got mine in June, there was a shortage of sunroofs. My car was ordered by someone else who ordered it with a sunroof. The car came in without the sunroof and the customer would not accept it. I was fortunate enough to call the dealer that day looking for one and I bought it.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

You ordered an uncommond option.

Reply to