300M - no heat?

Not getting any heat on my '99 300M with 45000 miles on it. All the blowers work well, but none of the buttons will give any heat.... only slight warmth.. Any help most appreciated.. Ralph Griffith

Reply to
Ralf

Check coolant level? Are the hoses going to the heater core warm? If there is a bubble in the system, it would need to be purged.

Ralf wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Reply to
maxpower

with the vehicle warm open the fuse panel and remove the fuse marked m10 it's the one the sits the highest of them all andlet it sit about ten minutes then stick it bac in and run the vehicle and see what happens this resets the hvac system and there is, was a issue with software from the keyless mixing it up with the bcm of course this is after you checked the coolant level

Ralf wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
deadbeat

Reply to
maxpower
300M in US has 3.5L engine

Reply to
Art

Reply to
maxpower

Uh...since they started manufacturing them for export?

Do I get the cookie?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Reply to
maxpower

I have had similar problems with my 99M.

Try this:

  1. Start the engine but do not move the vehicle.
  2. Set the Temp Control to 75 degrees.
  3. Press and hold the Floor, Mix and Defrost buttons at the same time.
  4. The control head will begin to blink and enter a diagnostic mode. Once the unit has gone through its diagnostics it will either return to its normal mode (with all air doors calibrated) or it will return one or more of
16 differend error codes between 23 and 51.

Reply to
Bob

It usually happens to me at least once per winter with my '00 300M that during sustained highway driving during moderate snow fall (or if the highway is messy and throwing up snow) that my external temperature reading will drift upwards (usually into the 50's ) and soon after the vents will be blowing luke-warm to slightly cold to moderately cold air, regardless of how high I set the desired temp.

Will I be able to perform the above-described diagnostic process during an episode like this (ie while driving) ?

Reply to
MoPar Man