42LE transmission - What's the endurance record?

Who out there hast the most miles on a 42LE (without rebuilding it)?

Mine is still working well at 156,000 miles. There have been no mechanical or electronic failures. Any problems have been corrected with a filter/fluid change.

Reply to
Old Car

You've got me beat for miles: 139k and counting. Only filter/fluid change and replaced both speed sensors 1 time each.

Bill Putney

I've got 165,000 now on mine. However, I'm having lots of electrical problems of late. Just replaced the engine control computer two weeks ago. Then a week ago the front washer joined the rear washer in being operative (actually, the rear failed in the on position and I had to unplug the pump). Then today the check engine light came on and it flashes a code of 72 which isn't even in the table in my FSM (the highest code is 71).

Anyone know what a 72 means on a 1996 Grand Voyager?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting