'90 New Yorker Speedometer Calibration

Dear Group,

Is there any way I would be able to calibrate the speedometer in my '90 New Yorker? Is there any adjustment, or does a professional have to do it? It is off by 5 mph (when it reads 50, I'm really going 45) .. not much but... The thing is, I replaced the speedo with a model out of a '93 Dynasty and that one is 5 mph off too. Is it the nature of the beast to be off like that? Could it be the speed sensor? Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Dennis

sed55(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Reply to
D. E. Smith

appreciated.

Were the wheels changed at some point, or was a speed sensor (or transmission!) replaced with a unit from another vehicle?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

I have the original tranny which was rebuilt last November. Had the same symptom before and after the rebuild. I have 14" wheels that I have never changed.

Thanks for your feedback..

Dennis

Reply to
D. E. Smith