Speedometer

I need to replace my speedometer for my 88 240. I am already aware that this is an electronic unit. I have confirmed that the sending unit is intact and functioning. My questions is how to I determine that I have the right speedo unit. I have seen some with an identifier number K###### and some that are plain. Do I match the numbers??? or what?

Reply to
Kevin

a few years ago, I had to replace the speedometer in my '89 240... found a similar unit at the junk yard, I think they charged me about $10... the K number was different, but it fit perfectly, and the reading is correct, as determined by a handheld GPS. Maybe I just got lucky, but I didn't see any difference caused by the K number difference.....

m9876c at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Perry Noid

The electronic units have the ratio as K###### the mechanical units were identified by r=XXX. To be accurate the ratio number shouldbe the same.

Bob

Reply to
User