93 Caravan 5-speed manual transmission

Can someone tell me where the drain plug is for this transmission?

Is there one?

I see the fill plug in the FSM drawing but no mention of a drain plug. How is transmission oil drained from these?

Thanks for your reply. (no email please)

Reply to
Martin Yanagisawa

They made a 5 Speed Manual Trans! Damn! I would LOVE to have one of these! What engines did it come on???

I have a 94 GC and have not been exactly thrilled with the 4 speed auto trans.

Reply to
cloaked

They came on the 4 cyl engine only, short wheel base versions.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You have to suck it out thru the hole or remove the end plate and let it drain out, replace the gasket and the end plate. GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

There is no drain plug on the 5 speed trannies. You have to pull off the end to drain the tranny.

Wink

Reply to
MWinkle353

It figures. :(

Reply to
cloaked

Not only that, by the 93 & 94 years, it was stripped and virtually no options were available other than AC.

No power locks, no power windows, no tach...as soon as you opted for those you were forced into an automatic transmission package.

Reply to
Martin Yanagisawa