94 Acclaim - Ignition Switch Replacement

1994 Plymouth Acclaim 6 cyl., 3.0L, tilt

I want to replace the ignition starter switch on my Acclaim. I imagine that I will need to remove the lock cylinder first. Is there someplace online that explains the whole procedure for this vehicle?

Is there a preferred part number for this ignition starter switch?

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
GWK

Hello,

You can get a single day access to the service manual for the car which would describe the procedure by going to:

The cost is $20 for a single day access -- I suggest you print out all the relevant parts, so make sure that you have access to a good printer with a full cartridge and lots of paper available.

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
april1st

In monitoring this group for several years, I recall there being a need from some special tools to remove the lock and switch. It is probably explained in the manual mentioned above.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

KM-

I don't have access to shop manuals, but the ignition switch (GP Sorensenthat S139) that I bought came with some directions and pictures that made it easy to remove and install both the ignition switch and lock cylinder. As you correctly recalled, the ignition switch was secured with

3 tamper resistant screws (Torx TX20H). Thanks for the input!

Gary

Reply to
GWK