94 Voyager fuel pumps and codes.

Greetings,

My original fuel pump has been loud for 20000 miles. It finally died and had it replaced about a month ago. The new pump lasted about 3 weeks b4 it started making intermittent rattling sounds. The shop replaced it and now this 2nd pump is starting to get noisy. Could there be anything in the fuel system that could cause the pump to overwork? I hear it running all the time whereas with other vehicles I hear a surge when the key is turned on but otherwise they were always fairly quiet.

The engine light codes are 12, 32, and 55. One of these is for a device related to fuel vapor. The shop says that would not affect the pump.

Would appreciate your comments.

gtb

Reply to
gtb

I would try an OEM pump. There's some pretty crappy aftermarket stuff out there - especiallly in electrical parts. Do we know the shop is using new parts?

Bill Putney

I was at the shop when the new pump was delivered in a sealed box. It was new, just wish I had noted the brand. It wasn't Mopar tho.

jh

Reply to
gtb

Take Bills advise, The after market pumps are junk. You will have to purchase the complete module from the dealer, comes sending unit, filter and pump

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks guys.

I suppose I must wait for this one to go bad b4 the shop will replace it again. But they gave a one year warranty on parts and labor so it will be in their interest to put in OEM next time.

gtb

Reply to
gtb

No they won't. They will return the pump to their supplier and get another one. Then if that one fails they will inform you that the 1 year warranty commenced from the install date of the ORIGINAL pump, it didn't keep getting reset every time another crappy pump was installed and your SOL.

They are already out the labor they won't lost money on the parts. If they replace it with OEM they will have to buy a brand new one, their supplier won't pay for it.

You would probably have been better off getting a used OEM pump from a wrecking yard.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt