1988 F150 No Power to Fuel Pumps

I need help please... I have a 1988 F150 standard truck. The motor is a 300 six cylinder 4.9. It does not have air conditioning, no power windows or l ocks. It is a basic truck. This fuel pumps in both tanks are not working. All fuses under dash are working. I replaced both relays under the hood with new ones. I replaced the ignition coil and it is getting a good spark. I removed all the connections on the solenoid and sanded each connection to remove any rust. I confirmed the solenoid was working properly with my test meter. I replaced the tank selection toggle switch on my dash with a new one. Both fuel tanks are full of gas. I used a rubber hammer to hit each tank hoping it would caused the fuel pum ps to come on and did not work. When I turn the key to the on position I can hear the high pressure pump cy cle on for about 2 seconds but i cannot hear the pumps in either tank come on. I can spray starting fluid into the throttle body and the truck starts with ease and runs very smooth until the starting fluid is completely used. The past two mornings I went out to try to start it and when I turned the k ey to the on position I could hear the fuel pump in the rear tank come on. Yesterday morning the truck ran smooth for about 4 minutes and then shut do wn and would not start back up. This morning I could hear the fuel pump in the rear tank and started the truck and it ran pretty rough for less than 1 minute and would not start back up. The fuel gauge shows empty when the front / rear toggle switch is on the fr ont tank. When it's on the rear tank the fuel gauge shows full. I tried to pull codes from the computer by jumping the EEC and the check en gine light stayed on and would not work for me.

Question: If the tank selector valve under the truck was clogged.. would th at prevent both tank pumps to come on?

Thank You Very Much for any help provided!!

Reply to
Greg Travis