95 caravan loose

Hello Caravan Enthusiasts, Mine finally started giving me problems. When making a fairly sharp right turn and at least 40 MPH the rear end feels like my lugs are loose. The van has new tires, brakes and bearings. It has been to a mechanic who installed new motor mounts, a sway bar, new transmission mounts, removed all tires and checked the struts. The van still knocks when going around a corner to the right only. He now seems to think the drive shaft is working itself in and out. Can this be the problem? I'm a backyard mechanic and can't do no more myself. Can anyone help me?

Reply to
rrj

Check the rear leaf springs shackle bushings, if they are shot they will cause that type of noise.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
jdoe

Dumb question here but if the noise is coming from the "rear" why are you have all the work done to the front?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
rrj

Not crazy at all!! I have to do that all the time to find noises. You say oppisite passenger side ........vibration, you didnt say front or rear???? I would assume you mean the rear and once again, by putting your weight in the back may have just diagnoised your problem to those rear leaf spring shackle bushings (they are rubber) being bad. If there is weight back there it will cause the shackles to not bouch around alot.Thus making the noise go away

My opinion

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

This is so obvious you probably have already checked it but my 99 T & C made a clicking noise in the rear area that turned out to be a bent shock mounting bolt. Those lower mounts are exposed and I must have hit something at some time. had to look closly to see it but it put the shock off center enough so that it had a maddening click at low speeds.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher