95 LeBaron error Codes translation help

I checked the codes and this is what it came back as:

12: memory standby power recently lost

21: problem in oxygen feedback circuit

55: end of message

so what can I do to get rid of them and/or fix whatever problem is making the errors come up?

thanks!

Ben

Reply to
Ben

sorry, forgot to add that it has a 3.0L V6 engine and I just had the trany, water pump, timing belt, crank seal, and cam seals replaced.

Reply to
Ben

No. 12: Start of codes. You will almost always get this when you use the "flash code" keyswitch test. It does NOT mean "memory standby power recently lost" unless you're looking at it on a DRB.

Well, no, 21 specifically means the O2S signal does not change. Probably a bad O2 sensor (DO NOT use a Bosch!)

End of codes.

Replace the O2 Sensor with a Mopar, NTK, Echlin or Standard-BlueStreak item and inspect the wiring for burnout or damage.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sorry about my misinformation, I just went to a website that said what they were. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will change out the O2 sensor and see what that does. The weird thing is that the car has to be on for a few min at least before the light comes on....

Thanks!

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Not weird -- the O2S has to heat up before it will supply readings. Once it heats up and the computer still doesn't see readings...the light goes on.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

well, not weird to someone who knows more than I (which doesn't take much). :)

Thanks and I will change out the sensor.

Ben

Reply to
Ben