95 neon clutch peddle isolation?

Any one have any ideas on how hard it would be to isolate the clutch peddle in order for it not to be grounded to the body of the car. The car does not have to be drivable. The plan is to run a 4 gauge wire from spark plug wire #1 to the clutch peddle arm. remove the rubber peddle. After that, remove the shifter nob and e-brake handle. The steering collum inder the plastic is metal and is grounded to the car, so upon attempted start by damaging the collum, the driver (thief) may (I think) experience a stun gun affect. any input on the idea?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Now I don't know many car theives but it would stand to reason they will be wearing shoes. If this were even possible and the would be thief left his shoes at home the most he would get would be a little zap. It ain't fun but its not going to hurt anyone.

My advice would be to put an alarm on the car and be done with it. Your resorting to juvenile tactics with a person who has nothing to loose. If you did manage to hurt them in some way they could just set fire to it in your driveway or worse.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Very difficult. And the word you're after is "pedal". The one you're using ("peddle") means "to sell".

shifter *knob*.

*column*, *under*.

Yes: It's a stupid one. Spend more time with a remedial English textbook, spend less time worrying about someone stealing your shitty Neon, and please NEVER have children.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern