'96 Neon

Wanted to pass along this info - thanks to those who provided guidance - this is an outstanding newsgroup...my neighbor fixed his 1996 Neon... RG Hi Ralph, I kept forgetting to get back to you on the subject of the Neon's Check Engine Light. I followed up with the info you gave me, doing a self-check by turning the key on and off three times and reading the codes of the flashing Check Engine Light. It flashed a code 21 which translates to an Oxygen Sensor problem. I double checked it by having a person at Autozone use their plug-in analyzer (for free) and it read the same. I replaced the sensor forward of the cayalytic converter (there's another behind the converter) and it fixed the problem. The light went out right away and the car runs great. Thanks so much.

Later,

Jim

Reply to
NewsGroup