97 town country lxi blower motor resistor block

I have almost 1/2 of dash taken apart and can not locate resistor block. I assume its somewhere in inlet plenum only have 3 fan speeds out of 5 for front hvac blower motor. I have replacement but can't locate original resistor block's location. Thanks

Reply to
NuclearFixer

Well that's interesting.... Open hood. The Block is located at the back of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle under the wiper module Against the firewall.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Dear maxpower, thanks was just where you said it was. appreciate it my local dealer tech said it was under dash and had to be taken out. looks like I needed dash out any way wires severly charred especially red/white light blue and light green connecter melted was on way to meltdown. from some of previouse messages under stand there is additional wire to purchase to correct problem is this covered by a tech bulletin for the fix. thanks again.

Reply to
NuclearFixer

If you purchased the part from Chrysler you should have gotten the new harness with the resistor

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

to maxpower, Yes I purchased the resistor from Chrysler dealer, no wire harness was with it. Looking at wiring diagram I think that 12 gauge wire was used on power side of motor with 40amp fuse. Wire between resistor block and blower switch only control resistance to ground using between 12 gauge to 16 gauge wire smallest wire for greatest resistance. doesn't make sense to me being in series resistance is additive. Will check monday with dealer almost makes me want to use 10 gauge for all 5 wires and get a good ground. Resistor had significantly degraded with resistances of old significantly higher values than new resistor may have been straw to melt the camels back so to speak. You have been tremendously more helful than my local dealer and I appreciate it. Its hard to find good information in an age of misinformation. Where is a source of trouble codes for HVAC computer. I know that panel can be reset with top and bottom rear wiper buttons. Does chrysler use a special instrument to diagnose or do lights give codes by sequence in which they blink. Again sincerest thanks you greatly minimized my frustration!!!!!.

Reply to
NuclearFixer

when you contact the dealer have them un the part number to see if they gave you an old part number without the jumper harness or have them run the part thru Star Parts.

We do use a special scan tool to access fault codes from the BCM and by the lights blinking.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Any answers on this one? I'm going to do the block in my 2002 T&C this weekend. Thanks,

Tim

Reply to
timothyrlee