Replacing Blower Resistor Pack?

HI,

I have a 3rd gen 1999 V6 Camry that the blower fan only works on HIGH, the other three speeds result in no fan blowing.

Am I right to assume this is a blower resistor pack problem?

Is the part available at third party auto parts places, if so how much roughly to buy same.

Finally, is this an easy job to do, or should I just take it to the dealer?

Thanks,

Norm

Reply to
LightRain

Yep I had the same problem on my 1999 Camry. Replaced the resister and all is fine. Norm

Reply to
norm46

Hi, yes as I posted in another thread recently, it is the resistor. I had the same problem and fixed it myself. I did try to go through a auto parts dealer, but kept receiving the wrong part. I went to Toyota and bought the resistor for I think around 50 bucks cdn. (don't hold me to that, I can't remember for sure) It is located under the dashboard behind the glove compartment. You almost need arms like a snake in order to get it out and then in again, but it is possible. Good luck!

Reply to
camryguy

I have done this on other cars, but not on a Honda.. It is normally not a big deal. Prices from a dealer can be high.

What you need to know is that, on some cars at any rate, the blower motor itself has some problems and this is what burned out the resistor in the first place. Been there, done that!!

Intermittent contact in the motor can lead to unusual loads on the resistor, and this can make it fail.

Best of luck on this.

Reply to
hls

Thanks to everyone who replied!