help locating fron blower motor resistor

In my 1999 Quest the front blower (heat, AC, ventilation) does not work at swich positions 1 - 3, but works at 4 (full speed). In 2001 Hynes repair manual, on page 12-59, I located the likely problem spot: the "front blower motor resistor" block has 3 resistors and a fuse. If the fuse blows, this would cause the problem I see.

But where the "front blower motor resistor" block is physically located in the van, I don't know.

Will appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mg

No celeb is immune From my digital lampoon.

Reply to
GEO

Geo,

Thank you very much,

Mike

Reply to
mg

It's in the blower housing or in the airstream close to it. That "fuse" is a thermal limiter type fuse, easier to replace the whole block. Also the reason these fail is ussually a blower motor that is drawing too many amps. In a lot of cases, just replacing the resistor/fuse is a short term fix.

Reply to
Steve T