98 Caravan Upper Radiator Hose Replacement?

A novice here, so bear with me... Need to replace my upper radiator hose on a 3.3 '98 Grand Caravan. The end that's attached to the radiator is completely obscured by - I believe it's called in Chilton - the grill extension. (Chilton doesn't actually say how to replace this hose, but that's what it's called in the radiator section). I can reach way under to feel the hose/clamps, etc, but I can't imagine trying to work nimbly under there. Do I have to remove that entire panel just to replace the upper radiator hose? Any help or suggestions much appreciated!

Reply to
accroya

I have a '98 3.3L Grand Caravan. I replaced the upper radiator hose 2 years ago and encountered the same issue.

Sorry, I don't remember whether I removed the "grill extension" or just found a way to work around it, but I do remember that the job was easier than I first feared.

Have you tried Autozone's web site? They have on-line DIY repair instructions, complete with pictures.

Reply to
Ether Jones