99 Cirrus TCM software upgrade -- was it a downgrade?

I recently had the crud controls serviced on my faithful Cirrus -- at around

110,000km the crankshaft position sensor was getting flaky. As part of this 'fix' the (five-star) dealer installed a software 'upgrade' on the TCM (from the base factory build). This definately changed the driving characteristics of the vehical -- it is just not as lively and fuel economy is not as good. Prior to the upgrade I was getting mid-30s to 40mpg on a long drive, now it struggles to get 34. And there are occasional anomalous shfts where it seems to go into a lower ratio for a few minutes -- engine rpm drops mb 500 rpm with no change in speed.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there some way this can be backed out?

thanks,

greg

Reply to
Greg Latiak