99 Intrepid engine noise

I'm hearing a rather obvious noise under the top of engine, sounds like lifters? A clicking or tapping noise that goes with the revs of the engine. Thought at first it might be the timing chains, but wouldn't that noise come from the front? Anyway, wondering what might be and should it be looked at immediately? Engine has 118,000 kilometers (73,000 miles) on it.

Reply to
Max

there's a TSB out on the 3.5s that state this very thing but its the injectors making the noise.it depends on your engine

2.7 L
3.5L
if you find something in there that are curious about most dealers will tell you what it is if you give them the TSB number

Reply to
rob

Have you checked your oil level? If the oil is near the low mark that engine makes a racket.

Reply to
Art

Just had oil changed about 3 weeks ago Art. Put some Wynn's cleaner in today, will see if it quiets it down a bit.

Reply to
Max

If you haven't double check the oil level and if it was done by peanut butter lube, I would get it done again with a good brand filter and known oil.

Reply to
Art