99 Intrepid - Passenger Door Lock Trouble

When I activate the power door locks, there is a very loud high pitched buzz that eminates from the passenger door in the area of the door jam. It is only the passenger door and only when I lock the door. Unlocking makes no abnormal noise. In the last day or so now, when you pull to open the door from the inside, the release snaps back on its own and the door locks, leading me to think something is out of alignment. I removed all the screws on the door panel but could still not lift the panel up and out. Am I missing something? Can someone please describe the procedure for removing the door panel?

Thanks in advance. Max

Reply to
VE3TMT

To remove door panel there are some plastic fasteners that get cut and then replaced when you put the door back. Getting the door back properly is not easy judging by the number of times I had to insist the dealer re-do the job.

pitched buzz

locks,

Reply to
Art Begun

For details on removing the door panel, read the 3rd and 4th posts in this thread:

I may be wrong, but the lock solenoid may have gone bad. I have not expereinced that myself on my Concorde, but I have seen several instances of it posted on a couple of LH-platform forums. It seems that the common symptom is the buzz noise that you mentioned. The solenoid is built into the latch (inside the door) - you would have to replace the latch - about $50-60 at a dealer, or a good item to get at a salvage yard.

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic