Alternator

I'm replacing the alternator in my 02 PT Cruiser this weekend, any pointers?

Reply to
Andrusbk

I'm replacing the alternator in my 02 PT Cruiser this weekend, any pointers?

Reply to
Andrusbk
2002?????

Buy a new car?

Reply to
NewMan

If a 2.4L in a PT Cruiser is anything like a 2.4L in a Stratus, there is not a lot of room to work. I would suggest obtaining a factory service manual if you can. It should provide the best way to do it.

I have to wonder if the engineers and designers ever take into account those that will have to work on these cars when they design them.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

In the 80s Chrysler got several awards for engine room accessibility. I agree with the 4 80s FWD Chrysler products we owned. My 2005 Concord is also very easy to work on under the hood, in fact anywhere it is easy to work on.

Those days are not here anymore with the 2001 Sebring my wife has. That very low hood not only makes under hood access difficult, one critical under hood item is no longer there- the battery, but it makes it very difficult to judge front position when parking. Much like the VW Beetles with which I clipped the front corners a few times.

Looking at the Caliber I'd say it should be quite accessible under the hood, in fact the battery has returned to it's rightful place there.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Hmmm - you obviously have not had to do anything with the headlights or replace the thermostat (and you probably know about the battery).

Bill Putney