Blower AC running on High only - Resolved

I have a 2002 T/C where both controls would only run the cabin fans at high speed. After posting and reading a couple reports via google, I found and replaced the blower resistor - seems that only the dealers carry it around here (local). It was easy to drop the glove box and remove the two screws - the part was already the newer AB version as was the replacement.

I noticed that the resistors (the coils of wire) were fully in tact, there as nothing wrong with then - the thermal protection device that runs between them was the problem. Part cost about $15 and took about 15 minutes to get out and back in, took 3 hours to get the part after going to several auto-parts places and then going to the dealer :)

Reply to
Leythos

That smiley face may be premature. Did you read what I posted in your previous thread about the resistors often going bad because the motors are failing? If that is the case, you will be having to replace the resistor paks again and again, until you also replace the blower motors.

Bill Putney

Yea, I know, I use to be an electrician in another life :)

I would expect a bad motor to cause it to blow quickly, in 1 day of good use, so, if it makes it to the end of the week then I'll consider it blessed by the auto-fairy.

Reply to
Leythos

Only giving it a few days to blow may also be premature joculation. It may take a few weeks. But if it/they blow(s) again, you'll know what you have to do.

Bill Putney

Yep, trade it on a new 4Runner :)

Reply to
Leythos