Chipped 300C windshield

Where are the rain sensors in the 300C? I got a chip in my windshield yesterday so I probably have to have it replaced. With previous cars I just called a glass service who came to the house and did it in the driveway, but those cars didn't have rain sensors. Are the 300's sensors in the glass? Do I need to have this done by the dealer?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

By the way, most insurance covers glass with no deductible and usually no effect on rates. If the chip is small you might consider getting it fixed instead of replaced.

Reply to
Art

I'm aware that replacing the glass is covered by insurance. My question has to do with the rain sensors. If they are part of the windshield then having a glass service do the replacement risks having them screw up the rain sensors.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

check here.. these guys seem to know much..

General Schvantzk>

Reply to
sharkman

The rain sensor is located on the inside of the windshield, just below the rear view mirror mounting button.The sensor module does not have to be removed/disconnected when the windshield is replaced.

Glenn Beasley

Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower