Crossfire electrical problem

I took my car in a month ago to have this problem fixed. They fixed it by replacing something in the ABS system that was shorting out. whatever that something was (and forgive me I dont remember the part name) the spoiler wiring goes through it so that its failure causes the spoiler to fail as well. However, it just started happening again and I was wondering if anyone else had exprienced this.

The symptoms:

All brake light indicators come on, about three of them on the right hand side of the control panel. This can happen at any time while driving and in normal conditions. At first today all the lights came on, the gear indicator (normally shows D) went black. The anti skid light in the center of the control system lights came on. The spoiler stopped operating (the first time it actually made noise as if it was coming up or down) but it basically will not come back down if you come to a stop or shut the car off. It no longer shifts gears, if you are in a low gear its going to stay there. If you happen to be at a good speed nothing else happens and you can drive. If you stop the car, turn it off, and turn it back on again it will start working fine again. The first time today it happened since it was last fixed this condition was clearly something shorting because the lights came on and off in quick succession until I shut the car down...not easy to do when in city traffic.

Why do I ask if they fixed it before?

Because the problem is intermittent and its gonna be a pain to get them to recreate. I can drive it for a period just fine and then this happens. Because they didnt find the root cause the last time around. I suspect that the short in whatever part it is was caused by something else. Of course it could just be a faulty design in this one part. In which case I doubt I am the first to hear about it. And then there is the fact that last month I think it was still under warrantly and this problem cost me nothing to fix and I think I just went out of warranty, fingers crossed.

Any ideas would be helpful but especially if you have heard of this before. Thanks

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - the cheap model ;)
Reply to
John R

My 2005 Crossfire has been trouble free so far. Only thing I hate is when I if or do have a problem I will have to take it to my local Dodge dealer for repairs. I wish Mercedes would do the warranty work instead.

Reply to
mopar

or do have a problem I will have to take it to my local Dodge dealer for repairs.

Reply to
philthy

or do have a problem I will have to take it to my local Dodge dealer for repairs.

Why didn't you buy a Mercedes?

Reply to
bllsht

if or do have a problem I will have to take it to my local Dodge dealer for repairs.

Reply to
philthy

when I if or do have a problem I will have to take it to my local Dodge dealer for repairs.

Once again another wrong statement from you dirt bag. When the Crossfire came out Chrysler advised each dealer to have 2 trained technicians work on these vehicles. There were not enough training classes for everyone to go to.You could not work on these vehicles under warranty unless you were specially trained. This goes the same with the Viper and the Prowler as well. Had they not fired you from the dealer for flim flaming parts and selling them on line you could have been one of these people to work on them.

Reply to
maxpower

Wow. I'm not sure what dealership your near, but I don't get away with not fixing the problem RIGHT the first time. As for the questions, I don't care about a '92 prizm, and no one else does either. a overheat in a 3.1 is usually a thermostat but can be intake gaskets. Ford's blow, and it's actually a DPFEGR valve, or delta pressure feedback exhaust gas re-circulation valve. Just because I work in a dealership doesn't mean I'm ignorant to other car makers.... My two..

Reply to
corning_d3

View this thread:

That's why he doesn't work at a dealer anymore, he was one that says no problem found, now instead of saying no problem found he says take it to the dealer it is covered under warranty

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

Can you please tell me the location of the Data Link Connector (DLC) for the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire?

Thank you.

Reply to
Scorpio56