different clusters on 91 cars

Hello,

I was looking at ebay auctions and come across two different clusters for the same car.

this is one of them:

and

this is the other one.

do you think these two clusters are just interchangeable with light wiring. what kind of modification should i use to use one instead of the other one.

TIA

Reply to
u c coskun

Lots of vehicles got multiple different clusters, For Chrysler cars with the shift indicator in the cluster there were 2 versions just for the 3.0 V6, one for the 3 speed that said PRND21 and one for the A604 4 speed that said PRND3L.

Different clusters with a tach for different engine redlines.

Different included gauges,

Analog and digital versions.

For example think of the different ones for the 2nd gen Caravans like mine, there is a cluster, probably 2, w/o tach, a few with tach, and a digital version that the Town and Country got. There are also surely different versions for cable driven speedometer vs. electric.

As for cluster swaps it might be a simple R&R job that plugs right in, and it might require extensive modifications. Of note is that around 92 was the year that Chrysler switched from cable to electric speedos.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

- snipped-for-privacy@m11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

Thank ou for the input. In the summer, I will hunt a cluster with tach. I want to see if it works for me. have a good day.

Reply to
u c coskun