2.5L voltage regulator

Hello All,
I have a question about 2.5L 4cycl engine on 91 Acclaim/spirit.
I observe something weird and if possible i want to confirm it with
somebody it is normal.
When I crank engine, the voltage-meter stays at ~10V(or ~11, this is the cranking low voltage) and it stays at this value for maybe 5 seconds more even after the car fires up. Later the scale shows higher voltages (lets say 13.6V). This is the case for lets say since I recognize it(last two years). Can somebody observe if this is the case with your car also?
just to be clear: In this ebay auction, you will see an instrumental cluster: in this picture, my voltage indicator stays on 3th mark from left when I crank and 5 seconds after it fires up. later it moves to 4th mark from the left.
I try to solve this mystery because, I installed a remote starter. The starter design to stop cranking when it registers high Voltage from alternator. Since my regulator does not immediately puts out high voltage, it delays maybe 5 seconds, I can hear the engine is running and the starter cranking more than necessary. As soon as the indicator moves to 4th mark, it stops cranking.
TIA.

The voltage regulator is in the SBEC (single board engine controller), IE the computer. The SBEC doesn't immediately energize the alternator because this gives the engine a chance to settle some before putting the load on it, GM's have a similar feature on the CS series alternator called soft start. Both features can help prevent the belt from squealing on startup.
You may need a different remote start unit that uses an engine tach signal instead, this is available at pin 43 of the SBEC connector. This wire is usually gray with light blue.

I decided to go with ignition coil signal. the remote starter works fine now. thank you for the input.