Drain Plugs

Does anybody know were the transmission drain plug location on a 2002 concord LXi. I can not find it or a shop manual for this year of car yet.

Reply to
SMA

You wont find one because there is no drain plug.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

exactly you have to drop the pan!

Reply to
Punch

However, the differential has a separate sump, and has a drain plug at the very bottom - recessed hole - accepts a 3/8" square socket drive IIRC. (I know that's not the question asked, but many people are unaware of the separate diferential sump - was a good opportunity to state that.)

If/when you drop the pan, consider using the metal-silicone sandwich gasket that your dealer can order for you instead of the special (for trannies) silicone sealer. The DC P/N is 05011114AA (many dealer parts guys are not aware of this gasket, so they may tell you it doesn't exist

- tell them to leave off the leading zero if they tell you that number doesn't come up in their system) Much less mess - no gasket to scrape next time, pan does not stick to case, more reliable sealing (and much less dependent on lack of installer skill and care), and is re-useable up to three times (remainder of vehicle life for most people).

Double check the filter part number - I was warned on this NG that dealers sometimes sell you the wrong filter - it looks the same as the right one, and will allow you to install it, but the plastic nipple that connects it to the tranny plumbing is too short to make the connection - I didn't heed the warning, and sure enough, the first time I ordered the filter thru a dealer (by application vs. part number), they sold me the wrong one - fortunately I noticed that the nipple was too short before I buttoned everything back up.

Bill Putney

The transmission does not have a drain plug; the fluid is drained by removing the pan.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Echo in here?

Reply to