Fan Relay Location: 99 3.3L Grand Voyager

For the life of me, I can't find the fan relay on my wife's 1999 3.3L Plymouth Grand Voyager. I know exactly what it looks like. Other posters indicated that it is under the air filter assembly bolted to the frame rail. I removed the air filter housing assembly, the battery & holder, and the power distribution center. I just don't see it. Does anyone know precisely where the relay is located? TIA

Reply to
Scobodo

The solid state fan relay is attached to the left frame rail near the lower radiator support.

Reply to
damnnickname

Update: I finally found the relay. I had to trace the wiring to find it. It was directly under the headlight in a cavity that was only accessible by removing the front bumper cover. It was riveted to the structure. I can only guess that it had been relocated by a body shop. The van was wrecked a few years ago. Anyway, I found it, replaced it and now the fans turn on properly. Thanks damnnickname and Tom for your replies.

Reply to
Scobodo

Nope wasn't redirected or relocated. That was the year they changed the part and the location, the manual still shows it on the frame rail.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for solving the mystery. I found a spot on the forward left frame rail that appeared to be pre--drilled for the relay. That's where I relocated it. I didn't have to drill any holes. It will be much easier to replace next time.

Reply to
Scobodo