Fuel in Oil..2000 Dodge Neon, SOHC, in-tank fuel pump. Help!!

Checked my G/f's oil in her 2000 Dodge Neon and it had an unmistakeable gasoline smell...What do you think could cause this?? Bad injector
seals? Worn Piston rings?? It has an in-tank fuel pump, no mechanical. Anyone please help!!!
CJ in VA.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would say that the car is going to RIP.

Change the oil, then start checking fuel mileage. What is the gas mileage of this car?
I don't think anything is happening here that you need to get excited over. For all you know you were smelling your G/f's dog's fart that he let off at the same time. Let's back this snap panic diagnosis up with a little more observation of some real measurable things before we get panicey, shall we?
If your absolutely positive there's gas in the oil, then change the oil and at 3000 miles have an oil analysis done.
Ted