GCWR for 2002 Grand Caravan (AWD)??

I cannot find the GCWR for my van- I CAN find the GVWR (5500 pounds) which is a function of the 4500 pound trailer and 13-15% of the trailer for the tongue weight, but to accurately determine the trailer weight, I would like to find the GCWR.

According to a few sites that I pinged, the 3.8L FWD can tow 2000 pounds, OR

3800 with the towing pkg (larger alternator and CCA battery, full spare, load levelling suspension, AND engine cooling which is a larger rad with a tranny oil cooler).

The same site says that the 3.8L AWD can tow 3800, no package implied. I crawled under the van tonite, and I see a send and a return line from the tranny to the rad already! Is the trailer pkg part of the AWD package to begin with?? I have to order the build sheet from the dealer to really see.

Back to the Q- there are conflicting reports as to what the GCWR is for the AWD with 3.8L- is it 9300? 9000? 8800? 8300? Once I know that, when I subtract 4500 for the van, I am left with my trailer + luggage/load.

One site:

PT_Sean

jdoe

Yes. Hence, if the GCWR is 8800, I subtract the 4500 PLUS my cargo and the remainder is the loaded trailer weight (limit) that I can tow.

Sean

Reply to
PT_Sean

Our 01 AWD GC was rated to 3500 lbs (the AWD eats part of the tow capacity) and the 03 is rated to 3550 as per Chrysler.

Reply to
Tom Ruta