Grand Voyager Steering wheel allignment

Hi I have a 1999 3.3 Grand Voyager right hand drive (UK spec),after having a steering ball joint fitted the steering wheel is 1/4 turn out of line.I have tried to replacing the wheel on the column splines but they only fit in one place.I ask my Local dealer for advice but they said they could not give it because it was "a safety issue" ?? as anyone had this problem? regards jim

Reply to
Val Mackin

Obviously the alignment - primarily the toe, and secondarily the camber

- were affected by the new part. Anytime a part like that (i.e., that determines alignment geometry) is replaced, a full alignment (or just the front wheels as a minimum) should be done as routine.

Bill Putney

If they aligned the car afterward they made a mistake and should fix it for you.

If they did not align the front end they should have in this case.

The adjustment is in the tie rods on the front end. You can try to do it yourself but it is very easy to get them a little off and cause pulling and/or premature tire wear.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.