'02 Electric Sliding Door

Hi all,

I have an '02 Chrysler Town & Country van. The passenger sliding door is electric. It won't close all the way intermittently. The motor brings the door to the closing position, but, the mechanism that pulls it tight seems to "let loose". It only happens once in a while. However, it will do it over and over once it starts, then miraculously stops doing it for a while. This all started when my son decided to use his foot to stop the door from the inside.

In any event, the vehicle is now out of warranty and I'm hoping I can fix this myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Neil

Reply to
NES

mic canic