Help with Dodge Intrepid ESX 1996 concept car ?

Bonjour,

I am looking for pictures of the Dodge Intrepid ESX (the first one,

1995/6) hybrid concept car. The only one picture I found is from the Metalcrafters web site (red car on sandy beach, 3/4 front view, driver side).

1) Can anyone send me pictures of that car or indicate where I can get more ?

2) Can anyone indicate a Dodge/Chrysler representative who could help me get more information (ex.: e-mail of someone in design center, etc.) ?

Note: I have already tried Metalcrafters; one of their representative replied that they have no more information on that car !?! Thanks in advance. pcar

Reply to
pcar

Try

, and in the search bar type in Dodge Intrepid ESX and it will reveil hundreds of resources for what you are looking for. including a site that has a slide show presentation for that car.

Reply to
David

Modern Chrysler Concept Cars (The designs that saved the company)

Author: Matt DeLorenzo MBI Publishing company ISBN 0-7603-0848-9 (paperback) Year: 2000

Has pictures of the ESX 1 (front 3/4 view of passenger side, interior front seats, under the hood showing hybrid 3 cylinder diesel). Pages

103 and 104. Picture of ESX 2 (rear 3/4 view) on page 105.
Reply to
MoPar Man

Bonjour

Thanks for the book reference, but I was more searching for pictures I could download (and I have been combing the net for a while ...see my post "Exotic Intrepid" in rec.models.scale).

As for people involved in the ESX (1995/6) project, I have found the following relevances :

1985-2002 Tom Gale VP Design, Pacifica Design Studio, Carlsbad CA; 2002- retired

1985-2002 Tom Tremont, chief designer, Pacifica Design Studio,Carlsbad CA; 2002- VP Advance Product Design Strategy in Auburn Hills, MI, reporting to Trevor Creed Sr VP Design;

1999-2002 Freeman Thomas, Advance Product Design, Auburn Hills MI; 2002- Head of Advanced Product Design, Pacifica Design Center, DaimlerChrysler;

1985-2000 Trevor M. Creed with DaimlerChrysler; 2000- Sr VP Design, replaces J.E.Herlitz

ESX designer unknown !

It seems to me that Mr. Tremont should be the person I have to contact to get more information on teh ESX design. Can anyone comment ? Thanks for any information.

Reply to
pcar

I could scan and post the pictures here, but that would irritate some people.

Might want to also look at these people:

Francois Castaing John Herlitz Neil Walling Craig Durfey Hal Sperlich Tom Tremont Jon Rundels Bob Hubbach Osamu Shikado Jack Crain Glen Gardiner Joe Dehner

You know, I haven't seen any good pictures of what the new Charger is going to look like, but I bet the 1999 Charger concept is 10 times better looking...

Reply to
MoPar Man

Bonjour,

For future reference, the April 1996 issue of Motor Trend featured an article with a few pictures on the ESX.

Thanks to Tom Walker!

Reply to
pcar