Hesitation and excessive gas usage

I have a 94 Chrysler Le Baron. A while back it started hesitating, not on accelaration, just while driving. Then it would stop and be fine for a while, only to do it again later. Then it started dying when we stop or slow down, expecially when turning. Just recently it started getting really bad gas mileage, and now it's blowing black smoke, so much you couldn't see the car behind, and there is gas in the air filter. I'm a single mom living on low income in a town where I know no one, so I don't know who to ask about this.

Reply to
Chantillyshay

First you would have to tell us what engine is in the vehicle and Im sure the check engine lite is on. we would need the fault code.

that willexplain how to find the code Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

First you would have to tell us what engine is in the vehicle and Im sure the check engine lite is on. we would need the fault code.

that willexplain how to find the code Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

the codes were 21 and 23, I think it's the oxygen sensor circuit, makes sense to me now. I didn't know about the codes, that is awesome, thanks. Sharon

Reply to
Chantillyshay

Reply to
The Bathtub Admiral