how to change timing belts

I have a 94 plymouth voyager 3.0l with a 3 speed. I was planning to check all the belts. Is this a easy job to do, And can anyone tell me how to change the belts like drive belts, a/c belt and timing belt.

Reply to
mike113

Replacing the timing belt on the 3.0L is not that easy. I had a '93 Stealth ES (3.0L DOHC) and replaced the belts myself. Yours is a SOHC and should be somewhat easier. I suggest you get a factory service manual. Having complete and accurate information will save you a lot of frustration. Do not waste your money on the brand x service manuals. The water pump is driven off of the timing belt, so you might as well replace it while you are in there.

HTH Giz

Reply to
Giz

I know this is a standard answer BUT, FOR THIS ENGINE, if you had to ask, BUY THE SERVICE MANUAL. This is not a hard job but complicated in that alot of engine parts have to come off to get to it. If I were you, I would also change the Water Pump which is timing belt driven. They always have a habit of going out right AFTER you put the vehicle back together again. Just joking, but it seems like not to long after wards you have water pump problems (because of the age of the vehicle) and you have to do the whole thing over again.

GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr