Ignition locked in 02 Town & Country Limited

Greetings all,

I have an '02 Town & Country limited and discovered today I have a locked ignition. I tried a couple different keys but it won't unlock. What's interesting is that the brake pedal seems as if its already depressed. Anyone have a clue as to what the issue is and if I can take care of it myself?

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
Luke Packard

If what you are referring to is the ignition switch wont turn, try tapping on the key with a heavy object while trying to turn it. If it turns have the key cylinder replaced and recoded.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Turn the wheel slightly, sometimes mine does that if the steering wheel gets in a bind.

Reply to
KYHighlander

A couple taps on the key and the ignition turned with ease. Thanks for the tip Glenn.

Luke

Reply to
Luke Packard

Now you need to get it replaced because it could get to the point where that wont allow the key to turn at all Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, KYHighlander did state:

Happens all the time on my '01 Trep.

It's what they call an 'undocumented feature.' ;^)

I know this is gonna sound like you're driving a Windows machine, but pump the brake and turn the wheel /while/ turning the ignition.

Works every time, at least on a Canadian R/T.

Courtesy of Roadside Assistance, who saved us both us a hassle by telling me this over the 'phone.

SW

Reply to
ouzo-uzi