'02 JEEP Liberty Limited

Ok, I lied. I kept that Liberty. It "was" beautiful in and out. So I couldn't resist keeping it. Well here I am eating crow. To that member that sent me that message coming down hard on me for getting that Liberty, I apologize for my response. I was moving in a full patter at about 55 - 58 mph. I know this because I love to watch how many RPMs my engine is cycling at certain speeds and road conditions.Anyway like I said the pattern was full but the traffic flow was great under a perfectly clear moon lit evening. Riding the center lane I decided I wanted an ever slower ride home. So I hit the turn signal and merged right in and as I was completing the lane change I lost total control of it. Every steering correction I tried only made it worse. Now I found myself swaying all over the road trying to regain control. Luckily I hit no one. In the end the mother F*&#ing was on its side doing the death slide in the middle of a mad traffic and if I recall correctly it slid for about 5 city blocks. bruised almost my entire body, broke one wrist and badly injured the other. You would think that after a catastrophic event like that, that at least the driver's air bag would deploy. Either way no car should behave like this at these speeds and road conditions. This I believe is true just as I believe that Libertys are "NOT!!!" JEEPs! If you own a Liberty you do not own a true JEEP. 'walks away with head down in shame'

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

[...]

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

bummer, glad you are (semi) ok.

Dave Milne

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not....

If so, glad you are all right.

Mike

Mike Romain

It doesn't matter how serious you take it. The fact remains that I almost lost my life because I refused to believe all advise against getting a Liberty. If you don't believe me just post your own Liberty question to the group regarding Libertys, and you will see all that I saw when I asked about the Liberty. Another fact is that a Liberty is not a JEEP. This I learned 2 ways.1st listen to your pals in the group! 2nd be very careful if you drive a Liberty.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B454.AAF39840

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Thanks for the sympathy. Although everything still hurts like it happend 5 minutes ago I am glad I still around to reply to your message.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Sorry about any type-Os. It's hard to type with just thumbs.

--HM

--HM

P.S. sorry bout any grammatical errors and spellings, it's hard to type with thumbs.

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B454.AAF39840

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B454.AAF39840

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

You're either full of shit, or you're an idiot. I suspect both.

Just FYI, the driver's airbag is designed to deploy Clipped HTML crap

Reply to
bllsht

what a load of crap. There are tens of thousands of Liberty's driving on the road quite safely the only difference between them all is the driver. cars are not inherently dangerous - but some drivers are................what's that old saying - "a bad workman always blames his tools".

If the car that was at fault then sue DC, then you will prove that it's the cars fault not yours. Until then I vote that you had something to do with the accident!

Reply to
AK

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B454.AAF39840

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B454.AAF39840

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

I had the same reaction as you when the "group" tied to tell me it was an unsafe car. Either way I really don't know if it was some thing I did or a combination of things.

-HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

You will be suing DC then as you think you have a strong case then?

Reply to
AK

Aaah - now the facts are coming out!

Reply to
AK

I pretty sure 55mph was the speed limit there... But like I said I don't know if it was something I did caused the flip and loss of control. It did feel like I over corrected just before it went on its side.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

I don't know about sueing and lawyers just yet. I don't even know what cause the loss of control to begin with. It wasn't as if my accelerator got stuck or something and the brakes seemed to function ok. I rerun the whole thing in my head over and over to see if i can figure it out on my own.I do believe that some where in there I have some blame if not all. I mean there wasn't a ghost driving the car.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

why dont you give the guy a break until he tells us what the insurance company says ?

Dave Milne