Intrepid Recommend or Not?

Personally, I think you are being taken for a ride by your service dept.

surprised

against

months ago)

failures - very

Reply to
Art Begun

Most people would be very surprised to find out that, in most cars, pumping the brakes typically twice during moderate or even light acceleration will result in almost no brakes (also due to depletion of the vacuum reservoir with low manifold vacuum to replenish it). This has little practical implication because it's not often that one would be braking and accelerating at the same time. But lock the brakes while in gear and pressing on the gas and pump the brakes once or twice and you'll see what I mean, or do it while in motion with no other cars around.

Bill Putney