Jeep clutch fluid question , 1988 Comanche 4.0 6ci.

I just got this Jeep I was told the clutch was just replaced , I can see the master cylinder is new , the fluid was dirty so I drained it out and replaced it I was told that Dot 3 brake fluid was fine by the NAPA guy, now my clutch works but makes a "rattling sound" when fully engaged , tried bleeding off the system , the 2 lines that come out of the Bell-housing are not secure must be a part missing that holds them the line with the bleeder valve can be pushed in and out , need schematic to see if part is missing, any help will be greatly appreciated snipped-for-privacy@usa.com Curt

Reply to
ctops

Use only Girling, otherwise the gaskets and seals in the system will deteriorate. This was a problem during those years.

Reply to
dr.benway

Girling ? don't understand , is it possable that system not bleeded correctly ?

Reply to
ctops

According to one 4 wheel drive magazine, it was just a peculiarity of the system at the time.

Reply to
dr.benway