2005 T&C noise...

I have a 2005 Town & Country which has a very irritating noise - a very high pitched whistle like sound seems to come from forward of the passenger compartment only when the car is steadily cruising around 30-40 mph, 50 mph and 70 mph. I brought the car into my dealership and they were able to replicate the sound and were perplexed as to where it was coming from - until the senior transmission tech said this was a normal sound and was coming from the transmission. By "normal," they mean that they can't do anything about it and it is more pronounced in some vehicles than others. Has anyone heard of this?

Reply to
Matthew Benjamin

Nope....

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
mic canic

My '89 Caravan with a 2.5 turbo and 5-speed manual has quite a bit of gear whine at highway speed.

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid