Where can I get good price on PT wheel part?

I have a 2001 PT with the factory Chrome Plated Rims. I lost the center piece. It's a plastic disk about as big as an old silver dollar. $27.10 from a dealer. Wow!!!! Any idea where I can get a better price on this item. Also, in about 500 miles, I "need" to have the spark plugs replaced and the power steering fluid changed. The dealer wants $115 labor to change the plugs and $75 to change the power steering fluid. This seems pricey. And why does the power steering fluid need to be changed? And no, I won't consider changing the plugs myself. They also said I could bring my own plugs. Any brand reccomended for better mpg?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Changing plugs, uless they are buried deep in the engine compartment, are so easy to change I don't see why you wouldn't save yourself $115 to do it yourself. Price seems high since it shouldn't take that long to do. Same thing with the PS fluid. Very easily done.

-------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

HA! You've never looked into the engine compartment of a PT Cruiser, have you??? It really isn't hard, just a little more time consuming (compared to changing plugs on other cars). The throttle body sits behind the top of the valve cover, and 4 "fingers" go over the top of the valve cover, down in front of the engine. Needless to say, they completly cover the spark plugs.

You need to disconnect about 6 sensors/vacuum lines to the throttle body, a couple of bolts under it, and 4 bolts holding the top half of the exhaust manifold (the fingers) to the bottom half. THEN you can change your plugs normally.

The added cost is because of the extra labor. Many PT owners get platinum plugs, so you don't have to change them so often.

SRG

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic

Reply to
SRG

Hiya all,

what engine are we talking here?

I'm in the UK, the 2ltr petrol takes about 10 minutes to change the plugs, take the plastic cover off and there they are.

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

Reply to