New Charger vs New Mustang?

Comparing apples to oranges. One is a two door 2+2 sports car the other is a 4 door 5 seater sedan. Not sure waht the numbers are the but the RT and the GT are probably pretty close.

Reply to
Buhda

Reply to
philthy

Win what?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
billccm

Reply to
philthy

Lap times? I don't remember that. I get both R&T and C&D and they always copy each other, so I don't remember for sure whether I've read that yet or not. I read in one or the other that the Mustang didn't feel "500 hp" fast. Whatever that means. I guess think of it as the slowest 500 hp car you've ever had.

I'm not sure how to take the Charger reference. The Charger is quite a bit lower in hp, but if its artificial top speed limiter is higher, it could lap lotsa places with the Mustang. I guess.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
billccm

The pocket book of the Mustang buyer.

Reply to
Some O

Reply to
billccm

Win at what?

IMO the Mustang is a little better looking than the Charger (though not as nice as the Challenger concept car). But the Charger has a superior drivetrain, especially the engine. The Mustang will launch better at the dragstrip because it has a solid rear axle. The IRS on the Charger makes it wheel-hop like a sumbitch, but its got enough power that you can "walk" it out and still turn decent times- but not as good as if it had better bite off the line. I sure wish it had a solid axle option- I was hoping the Police-spec Charger might have exactly that, but it doesn't.

Reply to
Steve