Surging 3.3 at idle or when slowing

Having another problem with my 1993 Grand Voyager with a 3.3. No fault codes other than a 12.

Sometimes while waiting at a signal, the idle speed will increase for a second or two, causing the vehicle to lunge forward to the unsuspecting driver.

It has also done this when slowing down too.

It does it with the A/C on or off, so I don't believe that it is the idle speed being adjusted to compensate for the A/C compressor coming on.

02 sensor was replaced, along with the throttle body being cleaned 3000 miles ago.

Any ideas welcome. After having had the transmission rebuilt last week, I don't want any other expensive repairs.

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
kmath50

A scan tool to see what the sensor values are at the time it happens, could be a MAP or TPS voltage problem or anything else for that matter

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I don't have a scan tool, but will be taking it to place that does. I will have them start with those two things.

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
kmath50