no squeak Wiper Blade for 04 Dodge Caravan

I live in N Texas and not a lot of rain here most of the year. When we do get rain the wiper blades on our van make a terrible noise except when we have a very very heavy rain.

I'd appreciate any information/ideas on a manufacture and vendor for no squeak wiper blades for an 04 Dodge Caravan.

TIA

Reply to
NotMe

i assume you've cleaned the blades themselves with Windex or some sort of glass cleaner, and they are making proper contact with the glass?

Reply to
rob

I have had great luck with the premium blades on my Caravan:

Trico NeoForm

Bosch Icon
RainX Latitude

The common thread between all three brands is the "beam blade" engineering, plus a quality blade compound. They don't come cheaply, but are worth the investment. We don't get much rain here either, but when it comes, it's a major problem. Many extremely heavy storms hit in the local mountains also. They ususally don't last long, but they are intense at times.

Reply to
Master Sergeant

The blades I found to be the best are the TRIPLE EDGE SILICONE WIPER. Wal-Mart carries them. I have them on my PT Cruiser and my wife's Alero.

Other blades would shudder across the window in a light rain. These blades don't. And the good part is, they're guaranteed for life.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

Short of Vaseline (which I *know* won't help from pranks as a kid) I've tried all sorts of 'stuff' nothing works well or consistently.

Reply to
NotMe

I managed to speak to someone with Bosch support. Lot of good official information and some very interesting personal recommendations. I usually replace wiper annually as part of a preventative PM program but understand the Bosch Icon wipers should last 18 months to two years under the same plan. I expect the time limit has more to do with environmental degradation of the rubber than design considerations.

Called the other two and waiting on a response.

Will post the response and my resultant experience.

Thanks.

Reply to
NotMe